Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tennis season begins



Apple Days Tournament


I know it's been a long time but, tennis has invaded my life.
I have been playing tennis all year and now it's starting to pay off.  I am doing a camp with Emily Barfuss and Becca Smith.  I was preparing for the season so I played in the Apple Day's tourney.  I was with Mary Kate Johnson's little sister Kristen. Since there was only 3 doubles teams I only played once because we lost but, we lost by like 1 point so... that was good.

The first week in August was high school try-outs.  When we arrived at MCHS it was raining, so there would be no try-outs but the coach Carolee said that Kayla Hawks, Camilla Vernon, Emily Hamilton and I could go to the Sports Academy and play out a grid.  We went there and I lost every single match.  That was a bad day,  I went back to try-outs and won every other match in the ladder, except one against a Sophomore.  After I played Kayla again and won Dennis Austin the assistant coach told us welcome to Mountain Crest tennis.  I was ecstatic.  Of course I was on my bike because that's how I get to practice so, I got on my bike and rode home happy as ever!

 MC vs. Logan
This was one of our first matches.  I learned Katie Burn and I are good doubles partners. 
 MC vs. Sky View
the kids sitting behind me drove me crazy!!! They were so loud
 MC vs. Bonneville
Kayla Hawks and I were the only Freshmen that went to this match, and again we won.
MC vs. Woodscross
The girls we were playing against didn't do so well, one of them were serving and nailed her partner in the shoulder, and well we won the match.
We had practice every day after school so we would ride the bus up and play till 5:00-5:30 then mom would come and get me.  We had matches up until October but, mom had her camera about a quarter of the time.  I learned that when you play tennis you have to be calm and collected, if not you're not going to play very well.  The tennis bus is also a great place to be with all of the crazy girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment