This is Mouse--named more for his color not his size. He is mom's favorite.
We have had one of the most dry and mild winters ever. Dad has loved every minute of it. Now that March is here and our cows are right ready to calve, the snow comes! I feel bad for the cows when the snow is frozen to their back. They look pretty miserable. I enjoy feeding, it is much better than moving sprinkler pipe. I mostly like it because of all the new baby calves.
The calf was born in the snow storm and so dad and Alma gathered him up and took him to Marj's and put him in the warmer until morning. He was mooing and ready to nurse by then. They are staying in the barn one more day, until the snow melts--again. When ever we go up to feed as soon as the cows hear the truck they come a running. 1000 is a good cow and is always right up at the front of the herd.
No comments:
Post a Comment