Tuesday: We woke up at 5 and left for the Tetons! After packing everything up we were off. I rode with Jack and Wyatt Rasmussen along with my tent mates, Jessica Barlow and Edan Shaffer. I fell asleep pretty fast. I think we were in Preston when I was out. I woke back up in Grace, Idaho and back asleep till Jackson. We stopped in Jackson and ate lunch by the Elk Refuge. Then we went to Turpin meadows. Once we got to Turpin meadows we met Monte Rasmussen Jack's brother. At that point we used the last "Bathroom" for the next week. We took pictures then headed off. We hiked about 6 miles to our first camp where we set up, pumped water then ate. After pumping water I quickly discovered I had a grasshopper on me. I screamed at the top of my lungs while being paralyzed with fear. Everyone thought I saw a bear but nope its was just a little grasshopper. After our devotional we got into our tents and went to sleep.
Wednesday: We woke up, ate, packed up and walked. and walked. and walked. FOREVER! Today we had about 13 miles. We walked through a gorgeous, long valley then up over a pass and through another valley, over another pass and across another valley into our campsite. There was a big fire where we usually hiked so we weren't able to go on the usual trail. Instead we forged our own. Our quote was from Up and we said, "Adventure is out there" because we never knew where we were going. That night we set up really quick because it was about to rain. Then we ate dinner, played lots of games and sang lots of songs, had a devotional and went to sleep.
Thursday: Today we just did a day hike so we got up and ate then rode the horses across the river then hiked along. We hiked up a lovely mountain and across the "parting of the waters" which sits on Continental Divide, so 1/2 went to the Atlantic Ocean and the other 1/2 to the Pacific Ocean. Then we hiked up to a cliff where we set our flag that said "Stand Above" with everyone's name on it. Next we hiked to a gorgeous waterfall and went swimming. We ate lunch and hung out for a while then pumped water FOREVER it seemed like. After we were done swimming we hiked down and hung out for a while until we had dinner. Today we did about 9 miles. For dinner we got steaks, dutch over potatoes, corn and the best cobbler I have EVER tasted! (Thanks Monte) After steaks we went to bed because it started to pour on us. It rained all night and even hailed. I woke up thinking someone was shooting outside because of the rain. The lighting was spectacular!
Friday: Today we left Two Ocean Pass and hiked back down along the same trail back to a campsite. Once we reached the bottom of the pass half went to camp and went fishing and the other half hiked up to the North Fork Falls. I decided to go fishing with Kayla Erickson. We got 3 fish, but the big huge one escaped us. We were rather upset about that. Once we got back to camp and had dinner we laid out and watched the stars. We saw 5 or 6 shooting stars. It was amazing to see the whole sky lit up with no other lights. Today we hiked about 10 miles.
Saturday. The last day we got up and got out of there quick. We had 2 groups, I was in the first group so we headed out nice and fast. Today we hiked about 10 miles. We hiked to the truck and I couldn't have been happier to see a truck. We ran over there and ran straight to the bathroom and cleaned ourselves up. We waited for everyone to come down and it took about an hour to get everyone ready to go. We loaded up and went to Jackson and ate pizza. I ate 4 slices of pizza! Then we drove back home.
Day hike to the waterfalls
The whole big group
half and half going over a HUGE hill, Day 2
Pumping water, forever, and Kayla drinking some
We're clean, we're happy and we're ready to go!
Parting of the waters
Some of the burnage
Taking a break
The highly needed, SHOVEL!
Abbey being a ninja
Ready to karate chop anyone, at anytime
Hiking over the pass
Riding across the river
Parting of the waters!
Stand Above
"Do you think the rock will move?"
Taylor took a bath
hanging out at the waterfall
Abbey and Ashley just chilling
Taylor getting clean in a waterfall
The waterfall
Fregly the bird. He followed us for about 10 miles
Ready to go!







No comments:
Post a Comment